About the Ferma Seminar 2020
An exclusive and free educational event for European Risk and Insurance Managers
FERMA’s seminar is a learning event organised by European risk managers for European risk managers.
The Seminar is limited to an audience of 250 to promote interchange of experience among professionals.
The programme is:
- short and intensive
- practical and interactive
The Covid-19 pandemic and its economic consequences are the clearest possible evidence of our ever-growing universe of risk. The 2020 FERMA Risk Management Seminar will help prepare risk managers to support their organisations in this environment. Read more about this year’s focus HERE.
The Seminar is designed for Chief Risk Officers, risk & insurance managers only.
If you are looking for a comprehensive education in the most current topics and trends in risk management, this Seminar will help you acquire the knowledge and insights:
- Knowledge from the academic and business experience of our experts
- Concrete learning outcomes
- Contacts to build a valuable network with peers
- An exceptional exchange of experiences
- A European perspective with topics discussed at international level
We promise you an intensive and highly interactive learning experience thanks to our group discussions and based on pragmatic tools complemented by real life case studies with actionable insights.
You will return to your organization with a new understanding of:
- How do I translate strategic risk issues into financial terms?
- How do we quantify emerging risks?
- How can we quantify the value of insurance as a risk mitigation measure in the ERM process?
- What ways can we compare this value/cost benefit with other mitigation measures?
- How can I link quantified risks with financial instruments?
- How can I improve communication with the CFO and why?
Important: Cancellation Policy
Please note that registration is free of charge for effective attendance only, credit card details (number, expiration date and cvc) are mandatory to complete your registration. A penalty of 50€ will be charged from your credit card in case of no show. The card will be charged one week after if we have no record of your attendance on the day of the event.
Important: Given the continued uncertainty on the potential impact and duration of COVID-19, we remind you that you can cancel your registration without any fee until 2 weeks prior the event by sending a written email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Meanwhile, we encourage you to register to our exclusive event to secure your seat.
Who are the Committee members?
- Laurent NIHOUL, Chairman, General Manager, Group Head of Insurance, ArcelorMittal
- Julia GRAHAM, Deputy CEO and Technical Director, Airmic
- Lea LELIJVELD VAN CINGELSHOUCK, Insurance Risk Manager, Bouwinvest
- Lene RITZ, Chief Risk Officer and Team Leader, Energinet
- Bart SMETS, Head of Insurance and Risk, Umicore
- Stéphane YVON, Insurance Policy Director, EDF
Who is FERMA?
The Federation of European Risk Management Associations (FERMA) speaks for the risk management profession in Europe. We bring together 21 risk management associations in 20 European countries. They represent nearly 5000 professional risk managers active in a wide range of business sectors. FERMA acts on their behalf at European level and promotes the risk management profession. Visit our website for more information: www.ferma.eu